2021年5月1日星期六

Assigning a value from a dataframe to a dynamically created variable

I have a simple pandas dataframe with a column 'mycol' and has 5 rows in it and I'm trying to create 5 new variables for every row value, something like below:

newcol_1=df['mycol'][0]  newcol_2=df['mycol'][1]  newcol_3=df['mycol'][2]  newcol_4=df['mycol'][3]  newcol_5=df['mycol'][4]  

I don't want to hard code as above and I'm using the below "for loop" but it keeps throwing 'can't assign to operator'. I know that assignment values should be on the right and variable on the left but not sure how do I use for loop to dynamically create these 5 variables.

for i in 0, df.shape[0]-1:      #"newcol_"+str(i+1) =df['mycol'][i]  # this isn't working      newcol_+str(i+1) =df['mycol'][i]     # this also isn't working  

Appreciate if anyone can help with this...Thanks!

https://stackoverflow.com/questions/67322973/assigning-a-value-from-a-dataframe-to-a-dynamically-created-variable April 30, 2021 at 02:14AM

没有评论:

发表评论