2021年4月9日星期五

Tab completion not working in jupyter notebook

linux mint 20 python 3.8 jupyter 1.0.0 jedi 0.18.0 ipython 7.22.0

A cell

import pandas as pd %config Completer.use_jedi = False #%config IPCompleter.greedy=True

Another cell

df = pd.read_csv('employees.csv')

If I type df = pd.read I get a drop down list where read_csv is an option

If I type emp It completes employee.csv

But if I type df['Gender'] = df['Gender'].ast It does not complete astype

Googling shows that adding %config Completer.use_jedi = False or reverting back to jedi 0.17.2 or adding #%config IPCompleter.greedy=True fixes autocomplete problems for many people. I have tried various combinations of all three but it still did not work for me.

I am new to juypter notebooks so my question is: In the above case df['Gender'] is a dataframe column so should typing ast yeild astype?

Regards, Jim

https://stackoverflow.com/questions/67029909/tab-completion-not-working-in-jupyter-notebook April 10, 2021 at 09:04AM

没有评论:

发表评论