2021年4月9日星期五

javascript function to determine if an array contains a value [duplicate]

I'm getting 'false' for the first test and 'true' for the second test. I'm suppose to create a function that will evaluate to these values. I thought I executed my code in the function correctly but I'm not getting what I'm suppose to be getting. I don't understand what I could be doing wrong here. Any help will be so appreciated. Thanks.

// - Given the arrayOfNames, determine if the array contains the given name.  // - If the array contains the name, return true.  If it does not, return false.  // - Hint: Use a loop to "iterate" through the array, checking if each name matches the name parameter.  //   // Write your code here 👇    function contains(arrayOfNames, name) {    for (index = 0; index < arrayOfNames.length; index++) {      if (arrayOfNames[index] === name) {        return true;      } else {        return false;      }    }    }    //  -------TESTS---------------------------------------------------------------  //  Run these commands to make sure you did it right. They should all be true.  console.log("-----Tests for Exercise Five-----");  console.log("* Returns true when the array contains the name.");  console.log(contains(["bob", "nancy", "john", "shawnie", "waldo", "shaquon", "julie"], "nancy") === true);  console.log("* Returns false when the name is not in the array");  console.log(contains(["bob", "nancy", "john", "shawnie", "waldo", "shaquon", "julie"], "fred") === false);    
https://stackoverflow.com/questions/67030103/javascript-function-to-determine-if-an-array-contains-a-value April 10, 2021 at 09:51AM

没有评论:

发表评论