WHAT I'M TRYING TO DO:
I'm trying to query the Google Analytics Core Reporting API v4 using service account credentials for the following dimensions and metrics (FYI I'm aware that you can only include 7 dimensions per call, I'm just listing all that I ultimately want to use because my issue relates to the METRICS and is consistent no matter which combination of dimensions I include in the call):
*Dimensions* ga:transactionId ga:sessionsToTransaction ga:daysToTransaction ga:sessionDurationBucket ga:referralPath ga:campaign ga:source ga:medium ga:keyword ga:socialNetwork ga:pagePath ga:landingPagePath ga:pageDepth *Metrics* ga:quantityAddedToCart ga:quantityCheckedOut ga:pageviews ga:avgTimeOnPage WHAT I'VE TRIED SO FAR:
While my ultimate goal is to use Python 3.9 to automate the API calls, as a first step I've been testing my queries using the GA Query Explorer here. I've tested multiple GA "View IDs" (my account has access to a half dozen "properties") and I've also tried varying the time period involved to eliminate any issues related to those particulars. Still, the same problem persists. I've also logged directly into the Google Analytics dashboard, and it shows visualizations that I appear to be built on some of the same dimensions and metrics.
THE RESULTS I'VE BEEN GETTING:
While my query runs, all four of my metrics show zeros in the resulting TSV file. This isn't just a few rows of zeros, the entire columns for the four metrics (ga:quantityAddedToCart, ga:quantityCheckedOut, ga:pageviews, ga:avgTimeOnPage) are only zero values.
Here's a snapshot of the first few rows of data with the transactionId and other sensitive identifiable information redacted:
I've also confirmed that "Enable Ecommerce" and "Enable Enhanced Ecommerce Reporting" are set to on, see the screenshot below:
Any help in understanding why this data would be blank is appreciated. I found this documentation about the Ecommerce.js plugin, but because I can see related data in the Google Analytics Dashboard so it doesn't feel like that's the problem.
https://stackoverflow.com/questions/66700773/google-analytics-ecommerce-metrics-showing-all-zeros March 19, 2021 at 07:57AM

没有评论:
发表评论