2021年1月22日星期五

Exit Code 0 but no output

I am new to python and coding in general. I found a code to scrape a website but whenever I run that code all I get is Exit Code 0 (I know that is good as it means there are not mistakes) but I do not get any output. Following the code I am using.

Does anyone have any ideas how to solve this ?

from collections import Counter  import requests  from bs4 import BeautifulSoup      def my_start(url):     my_wordlist = []     my_source_code = requests.get(url).text     my_soup = BeautifulSoup(my_source_code, 'html.parser')     for each_text in my_soup.findAll('div', {'class':'entry-content'}):        content = each_text.text        words = content.lower().split()        for each_word in words:           my_wordlist.append(each_word)        clean_wordlist(my_wordlist)  # Function removes any unwanted symbols  def clean_wordlist(wordlist):     clean_list =[]     for word in wordlist:        symbols = '!@#$%^&*()_-+={[}]|\;:"<>?/., '        for i in range (0, len(symbols)):           word = word.replace(symbols[i], '')        if len(word) > 0:           clean_list.append(word)     create_dictionary(clean_list)  def create_dictionary(clean_list):     word_count = {}     for word in clean_list:        if word in word_count:           word_count[word] += 1        else:           word_count[word] = 1     c = Counter(word_count)     # returns the most occurring elements     top = c.most_common(10)     print(top)  # Driver code  if __name__ == '__main__':      my_start("https://www.tutorialspoint.com/python3/python_overview.htm/")  
https://stackoverflow.com/questions/65855868/exit-code-0-but-no-output January 23, 2021 at 12:54PM

没有评论:

发表评论